The purpose of the SHRM Competency Model is to identify the skills necessary to be a successful Human Resources professional.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with stakeholders through written and verbal communication, feedback, facilitation, active listening, persuasion, and diplomacy.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions and provide service and support to the organization through credibility, customer relation, business networking, teamwork, customer service , and mutual respect.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate values and accountability in the organization through integrity, rapport building, courage, professionalism, and building trust.
- HR Expertise (HR Knowledge): The knowledge of principles, practices, and functions of effective human resource management through risk and strategic business management,workplace planning, Human Resources development, and Human Resource technology.
- Business Acumen: The ability to apply information to the organizations strategic plan through strategic agility, business operations and logistics, sales and marketing, systems or process thinking, organizational metrics, and economic awareness.
- Critical Evaluation: The ability to interrupt information to make business decisions and recommendations through critical thinking, measurement and assessment, knowledge management, research methodology, and inquisitiveness.
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider other perspectives and backgrounds through diversity and global perspectives, cultural awareness and respect, and adaptability
- Leadership & Navigation: The ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes in the organization through change management, being goal orientated and mission driven while having influence and consensus.
- Consultation: The ability to guidance to stakeholders through people and project management, problem solving, coaching, and analytical reasoning.
For more details, visit SHRM Competency Model